Monday, January 16, 2012

FanGirl05 - Workin Out at Work

So, I have not gotten to the gym yesterday or today, and it's unlikely I will get there tomorrow, but I am still keeping it in mind. However, I only took the elevator once today, and that was when I was with someone who was kind enough to hold the door for me before I could explain I am trying to only take the stairs.
At my job, we have four floors (five, if you count the basement) - the Orchestra level, the First Mezzanine, the Second Mezzanine, and the Third Floor (which is really the fourth, but whatever. I didn't name them) - and at any one time I could be on any of those floors. To get to the Third Floor, you either take the elevator or Fire Escape stairs. The stairs are actually double-storied between 2nd Mezz and Third Floor to accommodate the height of the stage ceiling (the Third Floor extends over the stage, where the other two floors allow for seating in the House) - this means that it really kinda sucks to take the stairs to the third floor, unless you are only going between Third and 2nd Mezz, or you are looking to not take the easy way.
Anyway, during the day today, I walked to and from work twice. Each trip is approx 4 blocks, so this adds up to about 16 blocks today (according to Google maps, it is about 0.3mi each way, which adds up to 1.2mi over the course of the day). I also took several trips from the Orchestra level to the Third Floor and the Second Mezzanine, as well as one or two to the First Mezzanine, and lifted/moved heavy lighting instruments throughout the day (at one point, I was struggling with one instrument so badly - in that it became a workout to move the damn light - that my arms and legs began shaking as if I had been at the gym).

To view my Food Journal, click here or use the link in the sidebar to the right. I will be updating the food journal periodically throughout the week, though I don't plan on posting another entry on the main page until Wednesday.

If you have any questions/concerns/ideas/suggestions, please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment