Tuesday, January 17, 2012

સુંદરવિનાશ - Lose It!

Well, my week has already not gone as planned, as far as my health is concerned. I initially intended on going to the gym yesterday, but due to work and an early birthday dinner (I turn 20 in just a few minutes!!), that did not happen. That's okay though, I told myself, since I was off this morning and thus would have plenty of time to go work out. Well as it turns out, not only did I toss and turn all night and wake up with a very sore back, but it was pouring rain all day. NOT a good cure for lack of motivation. So, I have yet to work out.

But, I did get a Nook tablet last night for my birthday, and have had lots of fun playing around with it. One of the apps that I have gotten is called Lose It! and it is not only a food journal, but an exercise journal and nutrient tracker (which always tracks calories, and usually tracks carbs, fat, and protein). So, after entering my specific goals, it has calculated a daily "calorie budget" for me (1,448) so this will make it very easy for me to keep track of what I need to be doing in order to get to 150 pounds by August, which is the approximate date that it gave me according to how much weight I plan on losing each week.

So here is what I have eaten today:

Breakfast - 1 Atkins Caramel Fudge Brownie Bar (170 calories)

Lunch - 1 Roast Beef Sandwich (300 calories), 1 can of Diet Vernors Ginger Ale (0 calories), and 1 Mini Moon Pie (110 calories, 3g fat, 20g carbs, and 1g protein)

Snack (meant to be dinner but I ate it on my way to work, and therefore it was so early that I ended up having another meal after I got off) - 2 Arby's Jr. Roast Beef Sandwiches (400 calories, 14g fat, 48g carbs, and 26g protein), 1 package apple slices with only a fraction of the package of yogurt (100 calories, 8g carbs).

Dinner - 1 can Amy's Organic Minestrone Soup (90 calories, 1.5g fat, 17g carbs, 3g protein), 1 Turkey Sandwich (405 calories, 21.5g fat, 24g carbs, 31g protein). I also had some Strawberry Powerade that I brought home from the drink machine at work, but was unable to track the nutrients.

So that puts my total calories at 1,685, which is 237 over my daily budget. Overall I think I ate pretty well, but the lack of exercise is what put me over. I think I will do just fine if I can just get motivated to work out!

Side note: as I finish up this post, I have officially turned 20!!! Happy Birthday to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment